Sunnycrest Job Openings
Position - Office Manager/Bookkeeper
Purpose: Provide administrative and clerical support to the pastors, staff, various committees and church groups in a positive and professional manner. Design and publish printed and audio visual materials. Prepare and maintain accurate financial documents and records.
Primary Tasks: The primary task of all paid and unpaid staff of Sunnycrest United Methodist Church is to facilitate the ministry of laity in the name of Jesus Christ.
- Effective oral and written communications skills with attention to detail, knowledge of standard office procedures, and proficient computer skills
- Willingness to continue developing computer skills and expertise with financial database and publishing software applications
- High school diploma or GED required, college accounting degree preferred
- Strong commitment to maintain confidentiality
A. Office Assistant to the Pastors, other staff and to the committees and ministries of the Church:
- Represent the church in a positive and professional way to members, visitors, and the general public.
- Answer phones, take accurate message and distribute in a timely manner
- Utilize Microsoft Word, Publisher, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, and Church Windows software.
- Data entry in Church Windows, i.e., membership, and contributions, etc.
- Prepare and distribute all church publications, including bulletins, newsletters, meeting minutes and notices, correspondence, charge conference report, directories, etc.
- Proofreading all printed and audio visual materials
- Maintain records, including membership records, updating addresses as necessary, church files, minutes, and written and electronic correspondence.
- Coordinate church calendar, activities, and building use.
- Notify the custodian(s) of any unusual cleaning, maintenance work or special arrangements that might be required.
- Provide building usage policies when needed.
- Compile the annual statistical reports in consultation with the pastors
- Coordinate maintenance of all office equipment and computer networks.
- Order and receive needed curriculum, office supplies, and all other resources as requested and approved.
- Attend weekly staff meetings (Monday mornings)
- Recruit and train volunteers to assist with office tasks such as folding, bulk mailing and occasional receptionist duties. Contact volunteers for other help as needed.
- Update church website calendar and website publications
- The office manager will work closely with committee chairs in assisting in development, designing materials, and other committee requests as time permits and at the discretion of the lead pastor.
- Supervise and assist with counting the offering with person(s) named by the Finance Committee, and supervise entry of contribution data into Church Windows.
- Prepare weekly offering report for the pastors and finance committee chairperson
- Train volunteers to use Church Windows Contributions software.
- Accounts Payable – Enter invoices into Church Windows. Get proper approvals for payment through voucher system; print checks.
- Payroll – Collect timesheets bi-monthly. Enter pay data into Church Windows, print payroll checks and submit to the treasurer for signature. Distribute checks.
- Reconcile all bank accounts.
- Prepare monthly financial reports for the Finance Committee, month-end reports for committees and other reports as requested.
- Attend Finance Committee Meetings (1st Monday evening of the month) and comp time can be utilized during the week for time spent at meeting but not on days that pastors will be out of office
- Maintain accurate financial records
- Print treasurer and balance reports on the last business day of the month.
- Balance accounts. Submit bank statements and reconciliation to the treasurer for review.
- Prepare quarterly and annual federal tax reports and annual state tax reports and present to the treasurer for review.
- Prepare and submit quarterly and annual tax transactions: Quarterly 941 deposits and yearly W-2 and 1099.
- Prepare and distribute quarterly contribution statements.
- Prepare annual budget materials in consultation with the Finance Committee, Church Council and pastors.
If you are interested in this position, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please call the church office if you do not hear back in a few days.